Monday, March 3, 2008

Cat Stevens - The First Cut Is The Deepest

i posted pp arnolds version of this the other day, i know. bear with me.
yer old pal the feeb has been split from his wife for a year this month. sometimes he thinks of getting back out there. dating. dating? last time i went on a first date i was a very young man.
but i think about it, sher.
and i've been flirting a bit too. with this one girl. had breakfast with her. no, you perverts, not THAT kind of breakfast. same place, same time breakfast. there was a show, bus don't run this way very late, there was a couch...never mind, none of yer business.
so breakfast. nice. sausage and biscuits. things are going well, i think (tho' i have a history of not really knowing how it's going). and i hear him. cat. in my jukebox brain. the crimson and clover-esque picking. then...
'i would have given you all of my heart/but there's someone who's torn it apart/and she's taken almost all that i've got...'
and this is just breakfast!
but it's my problem. i get ahead of myself. i always see the ending.
did i mention she hates herzog and costello? why do i like that?
so her and my friend j. are gonna be at the limelight tonight. do i wanna go?
'i still want you by my side'...
oh yeah, you.
....
maybe i'll just stay in tonight. maybe listen to 'just about glad'.
g'night.

No comments: