Thursday, September 18, 2008

if you think you're lonely now...



yeah, i'm posting a mariah carey clip. this is one of the great soul songs of our time. i'ts up there with 'tracks of my tears'. seriously. it's perfect. a bobby womack reference that brings you to your knees, then the line 'i'm trying to keep it together, but i'm falling apart', which may as well be the name of this blog.
it's a great song cuz it makes you feel it. it makes you feel her pain. it also makes you feel like you wish were the guy she was talking to. i've never been that guy. i've never been able to arouse that kind of passion in a woman. boo hoo. poor me. but that's what you're here for.
she sells it at the end. watch her. or better, yet, close your eyes and listen. listen...it's pure emotion. the mega star fades away and reveals herself as human. and i will always respect her for those 30 seconds where she made me feel..make me feel like i'm not alone. which is the best thing music can do for you. for those few second she is among one of the greats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right, it's a beautiful song and I haven't given this woman a chance because she annoys me so very much. Plus, I was distracted from fully taking in the song by trying to figure out if the bottom half of her dress was see-through. It is, right? I mean, her top may as well have been, but the bottom was shifty, kinda hard to tell. But considering the source...SEE!