Saturday, November 8, 2008

bob dylan- not dark yet



i like the fall. i like the colors of the leaves, the grayness of the sky. i like the illusion of a shorter day. it's 6 o'clock and i'm already in my sleepwear. which, honestly, is almost exactly the same as my active wear.
but it's dark out. so it must be time to sleep.
and it was rainy this afternoon, so that seemed like a good time to sleep too.
it occurs to me, y'know, that i should be doing something. cuz laying around and dwelling on things doesn't help. my brain knows this. it's amazing the trouble you can get into doing nothing at all. there is poison everywhere and if you're not really careful....shhhh....if you're not careful it could get inside you!
i don't enjoy being by myself as much as i used to. it's like being stuck in a room with someone you can't stand. you know what that's like, don't you? if you know me you do!
so, yeah, i'm here on the couch again. thinking. the tv is on with the mute on. i have music playing. this is what crazy people do, right? jesus, i'm turning into roky fucking erickson. without the voice.
so i should get out. maybe head to the black cat. i'm sure to find some stimulating conversation there. good company.
see, the problem is, i'm a snob. it's hard for me to really like people. and it happens so seldom.
but jesus, it's dark. outside i mean. it may as well be midnight. and i may as well be asleep. that's the place where my brain stops. i rarely dream. i toss and turn horribly, true, but i mostly sleep. and everything is off. and i'm not sure, but i think i may be a sleep smiler. i'm smiling just thinking about it.
my day lasts as long as the suns. that's enough.

it has occurred to me i could deal with things better.
it occurs to me alot.

No comments: