Thursday, October 8, 2009

wilco- via chicago



sometimes it's ok. strings reverberate. the trees sway in perfect rhythm with my heart.
this is a slightly sad feeling, but i feel comfortable here. it's close to home. these swaying trees, these whining strings, this unnamed sadness.
but...
then things explode.
my eyes pop, and my pulse quickens.
i can control this. i am master of my emotions.
for a time i am home again.
i am a traveler. i have my backpack ready. today is portland. tomorow may be louisville, or big sur, or toronto, or philidelphia, or raleigh.
the hub will be chicago.
my eyes will explode along the way, i'm sure. it is a constant battle.
but it will ease as i get farther away. like descending from a mountain.
and the farther i get away from home,
the closer i will be to it.

No comments: