Tuesday, July 1, 2008

my psychology today


i'm a simple guy. give me a burger, a comfy couch and some law and order and i'm a happy guy!
but i've got problems.
most people with these problems seek medical attention. therapy. pills. some long term 'rest'.
i prefer to put the needle on the record.
i make mixed tapes in my head all day. you know when you talk to me, and i have that far away look in my eyes? i'm working on that tape. i don't dwell on my mood. i dwell on the music i've been thinking about.
so, how am i doing? lets find out!

1. i will dare- the replacements
2. i've been waiting- matthew sweet
3. my life is in storage- frank black
4. starting over- john lennon
5. almost blue- chet baker (his version is better)
6. VFW- the dead milkmen
7. the first cut is the deepest-cat stevens
8. square room- vic chesnutt
9. she came and she touched me- townes van zand
10. all i have to do is dream- REM (yea, its an everly bros. song but i picked up my athens, ga. video the other day and have been obsessing over it. the flat jet duos are awesome too.)

hmmmmm. i've had worse lists. even the townes song isn't too depressing. except for the 'demons fall faithfully into their place' line. yikes!! the vic song is alarming as is the milkmens. diagnosis: coo coo!

1 comment:

MO'SH said...

Yeah, musically, that's a cheerful list! The Milkmen make you happy to hate things!