Thursday, August 28, 2008

the kinks-jukebox music



i am insightful enough to know that the woman the davies bros. are singing about could be me. 'she lets the music dictate the way that she feels'.
it's true. my favorite thing to do is sit and listen to music. and when i'm not i'm thinking about it. i mean, jesus, look at this pathetic blog! this is my mid-life crisis! most guys buy a convertible, get a young girlfriend, go to clubs, hang around and clumsily grabbed for whatever may make them feel young for a moment. i never wanted to be young. a wise(er) man once said 'being old is a drill, being a kid is a bore'.
my mid-life crisis is trying to find a wire song that describes my alienation, or a minutemen song that expresses my frustration with work, or a daniel johnston song that echoes my failings with unattainable women.
but it's only there to dance to, really.
i love it so....

1 comment:

MO'SH said...

That's just rock and roll!