Friday, August 1, 2008

mixmaster feeb


i love to give music to people. it's a thrill. while i much prefer to make mixed tapes, fewer and fewer people have the technology anymore. i'm living in the past, man!
but i think i make a pretty good mix. sure, i put on a few clunkers. and i may try to push my taste on people more than i should, but for the most part i think they're good. so good, in fact, that i am thinking about starting my own business. making mixed cd's for people. $5 a disc. pretty good deal, huh? now that's a job i could get into!
here's the latest disc i made. i like how i started it out. dramatically. i think it has a good flow. i would listen to it! here it is:

1.all her favorite fruit-camper van beethoven
2.why can't i be you?-the cure
3.railroad lullabye-the twilight singers
4.what you do to me-teenage fanclub
5.she came and she touched me-townes van zandt
6.levi stubbs' tears-billy bragg
7.everything is broken-bob dylan
8.theologians-wilco
9.buggin'-flaming lips
10.bernadette and her crowd-vic chesnutt
11.when they come to murder me-black francis
12.chan chan-buena vista social club
13.new york city song-dion
14.fistful of love-antony and the johnsons
15.i'm only sleeping-the beatles
16.nightime-big star
17.crush on you-bruce springsteen
18.the weather-built to spill
19.my head is my only house unless it rains-capt. beefheart
20.jar of cardinals-guided by voices

it's a burden, sometimes, having flawless taste in music. but i'm willing to shoulder it. for you. the listener.
uh, you know i'm being sarcastic, right?
kinda.

2 comments:

MO'SH said...

"Now That's What I Call Music" Volume Zero!

Lucy Starcrest said...

Yeah, that's a nice mix! I think you can submit mixes to I-Tunes, which I think is a lovely way of sharing them with the world, but which I'm gonna assume you're morally opposed to. But I'm glad you are - someone should be!