Sunday, September 6, 2009

alone again, naturally



alone again! what do i call this? a 'breakup'? a severing, of sorts. a parting of ways. oh well, as gregg dulli once sang, 'you coulda seen this shit coming down the hall'.
and really, being alone is my natural state. i should be alone. i can't relax around other people. it just doesn't work. my wires are crossed....sparks fly from the sockets! a man walks into a....a man sticks a fork into.... snap! the lights go out...he is alone in a room....he is perched on a cliff....he sways down the street, arm in arm with whoever can keep him up...sparks are fleeting....psssst....ladies....it's true....sparks from a toaster....sparks from a man...they glitter and fade...and you are left...with... a...broken....appliance...

i am nearly 40 now. i'm beginning to think the monks life is the way to go. i love the company of a woman, true. but it's just too much of a drag when it's over. and what's it all worth in the end, really? eh, i dunno. smarter men then me have asked the question. i bet descartes had a hard time getting laid too. (that's a joke. go ahead. it's ok to laugh).

regardless. 'i have my books, and my poetry to protect me'.

and my precious music.

g'night, rose throat.

No comments: