Wednesday, September 9, 2009

leave me alone- new order



the sun is out today. my head is far above it. the sun orbits my head. a single black car circles the block. it slows at my doorway. I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT! it will not happen today. the sun will shine. my eyes will open. i am sure of this. i have never doubted my immortality. the world would end without me. you cease to exist when my thoughts of you fade. this power i have is crushing. it weighs on me. it is a responsibility i cannot bear for much longer. you, my puppets, are an albatross. you suck the life out of me. but if your strings are cut, what of my arms? they will gesticulate wildly! they will lash out in anger! they will do the unspeakable!! so instead, i will tie your strings tighter around my fingers. til the tips turn blue. and i, you, we, will sleep. for a thousand hours.

No comments: